Some may perceive gifted programs as elitist. However, it is neither fair nor reasonable to provide equal educational programming and hold equal expectations for all students, regardless of their abilities. The Gifted need services and activities not ordinarily provided in order to fully develop those capabilities. By providing enrichment and acceleration experiences for the gifted, we are providing them with what they need, not superfluous .
The Dinoff School, recognizing the unique giftedness of the individual student, will work in cooperation with the parents and the community to provide a nurturing and challenging environment that encourages academic excellence and the character development necessary to become our leaders of tomorrow.
The Dinoff School, recognizes that students who possess exceptional gifts and talents should be granted the direction, time, encouragement, and resources to maximize their potential, whether it be in the area of intellect, specific academics, creativity, or leadership. Administrators, teachers, and facilitators will work with parents, students, and the community to identify from all backgrounds. The Dinoff School will offer these students the differentiated instruction and opportunities they need in order to maximize their talents.
The Dinoff School:
1. is an educational environment for gifted/talented students without behavioral problems.
2.believes in maintaining the highest standards of excellence in academics,self control, and community involvement.
3. seeks to create a sense of order, structure and stability while continuing to value spontaneity, flexibility and creativity.
4. is committed to providing challenge rather than protection; to encourage all students to be risk takers and to realize their full potential.
5. center around the whole child: intellectual, emotional, physical — thoughts, feelings and actions.
6. creates mechanisms for students to develop self-esteem and will establish parameters of accountability for their choices.
7. embraces the philosophy of community and each person’s role and responsibility in their multiple communities.